ANNUAL ELECTION SCHEDULE – 2017–18
Announcement of Election Schedule
In an Executive Committee meeting on 08 July 2017, Election Schedule for the Executive Committee for the year 2017–18 (from 1st Oct 2017 to 30 Sep 2018) was approved to be announced as under :
A. Composition of the Executive Committee will be as under :
(1) Corporate Class – 10 Members
(2) Associate Class – 2 Members
B. Election for the vacant posts of Executive Committee will be held on 16 Sep 2017
as follows :
(1) 5 for Corporate class (replacement of 5 members due to retire on 30 Sep 2016).
(2) 1 for Associate class (replacement of 1 member due to retire on 30 Sep 2016).
Eligibility to Vote
Eligibility to vote for members will be subject to the following conditions namely :
- The member has completed two years of valid membership of Association on 15 July 2017 and made payment of all dues.
- The member has fulfilled the conditions of membership and renewal thereof of the Association.
- Every member eligible to vote shall deposit with the Secretary General, the specimen signature card alongwith photograph indicating the status in the firm, company or concern. The right to vote shall be allowed only to the proprietor, partner or the director of the member firm or company or a person not below the rank of General Manager authorized by the board of directors of a public limited company or as the case may be, a multi-national corporation. Such person will be entitled to cast vote at the time of election only if his name has already been registered with the Secretary General and his name appears on the list of voters.
Appointment of Election Commission
Folloing members are appointed as Election Commission :
- Chairman – Mr. Mahmood Ahmed, Global Enterprises
2. Members – (1) Mr. Nasir Anwer Sheikh, M/s Elegant (Pvt) Ltd
(2) Mr. Muhammad Rafiq, New Long Life Shoes
- The election of Pakistan Footwear Manufacturers Association will be conducted according to the procedure laid down in Trade Organization Rules 2013 and the Articles of Association.
- Member firms desiring to change their representative shall intimate changes regarding name of their representative to the Secretary General alongwith necessary proof of eligibility by 13 July 2017.
- The Secretary General PFMA will display on 17 July 2017, the provisional voter list of all members eligible to vote alongwith their national tax number, sales tax registration number (if applicable), the name and national identity card number of their representative. The list shall be forwarded to Regulator and displayed at :
- The members who have any objection to the entries in the Provisional list of voters shall send their objections in writing to the Secretary General by 24 Jul 2017.
(1) Notice board of the head office, and(2) Website of the Pakistan Footwear Manufacturers Association i.e. www.pakfootwear.org .
- The Secretary General will take action on the objections or changes, and will intimate decision on these objections by 29 Jul 2017.Any person aggrieved by the decision of the Secretary General may make a representation to the Election Commission by 02 Aug 2017 which shall decide the representation by 05 Aug 2017 .
- Any person, aggrieved by the decision of the Election Commission or in case the Election Commission fails to decide the representation by 05 Aug 2017 may make an appeal to the Regulator by 08 Aug 2017 who shall decide the appeal by 18 Aug 2017 and his decision in this regard shall be final.
- A copy of final list of voters shall be despatched to Regulator by Secretary General on 19 Aug 2017 and be displayed on the following :
(1) Notice board of the Head Office of Association.(2) website of the Pakistan Footwear Manufacturers Association, i.e.www.pakfootwear.org.
- Within four days of display of the final list of voters, any person, who is eligible to contest election for the vacant post, shall send his nomination, duly proposed and seconded by a duly registered voter each and signed by the candidate, to the Secretary General upto 23 Aug 2017.
- On receipt of Nomination Papers, a copy of the final list of voters shall be provided by the Secretary General to each contesting candidate by 24 Aug 2017.
- The nomination papers will be scrutinized by Election Commission and list of candidates will be displayed by 24 Aug 2017.
- The objections if any to the nomination of candidates may be filed to the Election Commission by 25 Aug 2017 who will decide the cases by 28 Aug 2017.
- Any candidate aggrieved by the decision of Election Commission or if Election Commission fails to decide the matter by 28 Aug 2017, may file an appeal to the Regulator upto 30 Aug 2017 who will decide the case by 07 Sep 2017 and his decision in this regard shall be final.
- Election Commission will issue final list of candidates by 09 Sep 2017.
- The election of the members of Executive Committee shall be held by secret ballot. Neither postal ballot nor proxy shall be allowed; and the polling will be held at Head Office PFMA on 16 Sep 2017 from 0900 hours to 1700 hours.
- Counting of votes shall take place immediately after the polling hours under the supervision of polling officer in the presence of candidates or their polling agents, if any.
- In the event of equality of votes between two or more candidates the result shall be decided on the basis of a draw conducted by the polling officer on 16 Sep 2017 in the presence of candidates or their polling agents and a record of the result thereof shall be made.
- Provisional results may be announced by the Returning Officer immediately after polling.
Election of Office Bearers
- Any person elected as member of Executive Committee shall send his nomination for election as an office bearer (Chairman, Senior Vice-Chairman or Vice Chairman) duly proposed and seconded by an elected Executive Committee member each and signed by the candidate to the Election Commission by 18 Sep 2017.
- The Election Commission will scrutinize the nomination papers and list of candidates will be displayed by 19 Sep 2017.
- Elections for Office Bearers will be held on 21 Sep 2017 if needed, in Head Office from 0900 to 1700 hours.
- Provisional results may be announced by the Election Commission immediately after polling.
- The challenged votes shall be kept in a separate sealed envelope duly signed and sealed by the polling officer.
- The Commission or an officer designated by the Commission shall decide about the challenged votes after verification of necessary information before the official announcement of the results.
Annual General Meeting
The final result of the election of Executive Committee and Office Bearers shall be officially announced at the Annual General Meeting which will be held on 23 Sep 2017 and separate notice for the meeting will be issued. The final election results announced in AGM shall also be :
- Displayed at notice board of the PFMA head office on 30 Sep 2017.
- Displayed at PFMA website www.pakfootwear.org on 30 Sep 2017.
- Submitted to the Regulator by 30 Sep 2017.