ANNUAL ELECTION SCHEDULE – 2018–19
As per TO Rule 2013 and Memorandum of Articles
|S/No||Events||No of Days Req||Day||Dates
|1||Approval of Election Schedule & Nomination of Election Commission||Saturday||21 Jul|
|2||Issuance of Election Schedule||Saturday||21 July|
|3||Any changes in representative to vote||5||Thursday||26 July|
|4||Issue of Provisional voters list||2||Saturday||28 July|
|5||Objections on provisional list of voters||7||Saturday||04 Aug|
|6||Decision on objection by SG||2||Tuesday||07 Aug|
|7||Appeal against decision of SG||3||Friday||10 Aug|
|8||Decision of Election Commission||2||Monday||13 Aug|
|9||Appeal against decision of EC||2||Wednesday||15 Aug|
|10||Decision of DGTO||10||Saturday||25 Aug|
|11||Final list of voters to be issued||1||Monday||27 Aug|
|12.||Issuance of Nomination Papers||–||Monday||27 Aug|
|13||Receive of Nomination papers||4||Thursday||30 Aug|
|14||Scrutiny Nomination papers||1||Friday||31 Aug|
|15||Issue of list of nomination of candidates||1||Saturday||01 Sep|
|16||Objections on nominations||1||Monday||03 Sep|
|17||Decision of EC on objections||1||Wednesday||04 Sep|
|18||Appeal against decision of EC||2||Thursday||06 Sep|
|19||Appeal referred to DGTO||2||Saturday||08 Sep|
|20||Decision of DGTO||7||Saturday||15 Sep|
|21||Final list of Nominees||1||Monday||17 Sep|
|23||Nomination of Officer Bearers||2||Tuesday||25 Sep|
|24||Scrutiny of nomination and final list OB||1||Wednesday||26 Sep|
|25||Polling for Office Bearers and Result||2||Friday||28 Sep|
|26||AGM (Results to be announced)||Saturday||29 Sep|
|27||Information to all concerned about results||Monday||01 Oct|
- Announcement of Election Schedule
In an Executive Committee meeting on 21 July 2018, Election Schedule for the Executive Committee for the year 2018–19 (from 1st Oct 2018 to 30 Sep 2019) was approved to be announced as under :
- Composition of the Executive Committee will be as under :
(1) Corporate Class – 10 Members
(2) Associate Class – 2 Members
- Election for the vacant posts of Executive Committee will be held on 22 Sep 2018
as follows :
(1) 5 for Corporate class (replacement of 5 members due to retire on 30 Sep 2018).
(2) 1 for Associate class (replacement of 1 member due to retire on 30 Sep 2018).
- Eligibility to Vote
Eligibility to vote for members will be subject to the following conditions namely :
- The member has completed two years of valid membership of Association on 21 July
2018 and made payment of all dues.
- The member has fulfilled the conditions of membership and renewal thereof of the
- Every member eligible to vote shall deposit with the Secretary General, the specimen
signature card alongwith photograph indicating the status in the firm, company or
concern. The right to vote shall be allowed only to the proprietor, partner or the
director of the member firm or company or a person not below the rank of General
Manager authorized by the board of directors of a public limited company or as the
case may be, a multi-national corporation. Such person will be entitled to cast vote at
the time of election only if his name has already been registered with the Secretary
General and his name appears on the list of voters.
- Appointment of Election Commission
Following members are appointed as Election Commission :
- Chief Election Commission – Mr. Muhammad Ayub Khan, Trust Shoes International
- Members – (1) Mr. Muhammad Azeem, Relaxo (Pvt) Ltd
(2) Mr. Anser Wasim Quadri, ASA International
- Lt Col Ahmed Fawad Farooq (R) will act as Secretary General of Election
- Election Procedure
- The election of Pakistan Footwear Manufacturers Association will be conducted
according to the procedure laid down in Trade Organization Rules 2013 and the
Articles of Association.
- Member firms desiring to change their representative shall intimate changes regarding
name of their representative to the Secretary General alongwith necessary proof of
eligibility by 26 July 2018.
- The Secretary General PFMA will display on 28 July 2018, the provisional voter list of
all members eligible to vote alongwith their national tax number, sales tax registration
number (if applicable), the name and national identity card number of their representa-
tive. The list shall be forwarded to Regulator and displayed at :
(1) Notice board of the head office, and
(2) Website of the Pakistan Footwear Manufacturers Association i.e.
d The members who have any objection to the entries in the Provisional list of voters
shall send their objections in writing to the Secretary General by 04 Aug 2018.
- The Secretary General will take action on the objections or changes, and will intimate
decision on these objections by 7 Aug 2018.
- Any person aggrieved by the decision of the Secretary General may make a
representation to the Election Commission by 10 Aug 2018 which shall decide the
representation by 13 Aug 2018 .
- Any person, aggrieved by the decision of the Election Commission or in case the
Election Commission fails to decide the representation by 13 Aug 2018 may make an
appeal to the Regulator by 15 Aug 2018 who shall decide the appeal by 25 Aug 2018
and his decision in this regard shall be final.
- A copy of final list of voters shall be despatched to Regulator by Secretary General on
27 Aug 2018 and be displayed on the following :
(1) Notice board of the Head Office of Association.
(2) website of the Pakistan Footwear Manufacturers Association, i.e.
- Within four days of display of the final list of voters, any person, who is eligible to
contest election for the vacant post, shall send his nomination, duly proposed and
seconded by a duly registered voter each and signed by the candidate, to the
Secretary General upto 30 Aug 2018.
- On receipt of Nomination Papers, a copy of the final list of voters shall be provided by
the Secretary General to each contesting candidate by 31 Aug 2018.
- The nomination papers will be scrutinized by Election Commission and list of
candidates will be displayed by 01 Sep 2018.
- The objections if any to the nomination of candidates may be filed to the Election
Commission by 03 Sep 2018 who will decide the cases by 04 Sep 2018.
- Any candidate aggrieved by the decision of Election Commission or if Election
Commission fails to decide the matter by 06 Sep 2018, may file an appeal to the
Regulator upto 08 Sep 2018 who will decide the case by 15 Sep 2018 and his decision
in this regard shall be final.
- Election Commission will issue final list of candidates by 17 Sep 2018.
- Poling Day
a The election of the members of Executive Committee shall be held by secret ballot.
Neither postal ballot nor proxy shall be allowed; and the polling will be held at Head
Office PFMA on 22 Sep 2018 from 0900 hours to 1700 hours.
- Counting of votes shall take place immediately after the polling hours under the
supervision of polling officer in the presence of candidates or their polling agents, if
- In the event of equality of votes between two or more candidates the result shall be
decided on the basis of a draw conducted by the polling officer on 22 Sep 2018 in the
presence of candidates or their polling agents and a record of the result thereof shall
- Provisional results may be announced by the Returning Officer immediately after
- Election of Office Bearers
- Any person elected as member of Executive Committee shall send his nomination for
election as an office bearer (Chairman, Senior Vice-Chairman or Vice Chairman) duly
proposed and seconded by an elected Executive Committee member each and signed
by the candidate to the Election Commission by 25 Sep 2018.
- The Election Commission will scrutinize the nomination papers and list of candidates
will be displayed by 26 Sep 2018.
- Elections for Office Bearers will be held on 28 Sep 2018 if needed, in Head Office from
0900 to 1700 hours.
- Provisional results may be announced by the Election Commission immediately after
- The challenged votes shall be kept in a separate sealed envelope duly signed and
sealed by the polling officer.
- The Commission or an officer designated by the Commission shall decide about the
challenged votes after verification of necessary information before the official
announcement of the results.
- Annual General Meeting
The final result of the election of Executive Committee and Office Bearers shall be officially
announced at the Annual General Meeting which will be held on 29 Sep 2018 and separate notice for the meeting will be issued. The final election results announced in AGM shall also
- Displayed at notice board of the PFMA head office on 01Oct 2018.
- Displayed at PFMA website www.pakfootwear.org on 01 Oct 2018.
- Submitted to the Regulator by 01 Oct 2018.
Lt Col Ahmed Fawad Farooq (R)